[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brian Degenhardt <bmd at bmdhacks dot com>
 To:  Monowall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Irregularities pinging from m0n0 and internal network...
 Date:  Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:41:34 -0700
There's an issue I've seen with freebsd and icmp pings.  FreeBSD (well
4.9 at least) doesn't do a very good job NATting multiple hosts pinging
the same address.  It may be that this same issue arises when the
machine doing the natting pings a host that a machine behind it is also
pinging.  See here for more details on what I've seen:

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=73&actionargs[]=12

-bmd