[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "gregbrown at mindspring dot com" <gregbrown at mindspring dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  port forwarding, DHCP, and a routing question
 Date:  Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:25:09 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Does the M0n0wall software support port forwarding?  I'd like requests
coming from the Internet for ports 22, 80, and 443 to go to a server on
my private 192.168.15.0 network.  Do the firewall rules support this
feature?

Also, I've read on tom's hardware that the DHCP server in M0n0wall can
be configured to run on as many interfaces as you would like as apposed
to running on one single interface.  I think I must have misread this..
however if I have not I would expect that with a soekris 3 port board I could:

1. have ethernet 0 connect to the Internet and NAT everything destined to
    that port (DHCP address recieved from my ISP on Ethernet 0)
2. have ethernet 1 provide DHCP range of 192.168.17.100-254 to network 1
3. have ethernet 2 provide DHCP range of 192.168.18.100-254 to network 2

Is this possible?  If so, if there a simple routing firewall rule that I can use to
state:

Ethernet 1 sends all it's traffic to Ethernet 0 which is NAT'ed to the Internet.
Also Ethernet 1 cannot send any data to Ethernet 2 - all packets are dropped.

also:

Ethernet 2 sends all it's traffic to Ethernet 0 which is NAT'ed to the Internet.
Also Ethernet 2 cannot send any data to Ethernet 1 - all packets are dropped.

Is this possible?

Greg