[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Lagreca <lagreca at gmail dot com>
 To:  Melvin Backus <melvin at sleepydragon dot net>
 Cc:  Monowall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: Re: [m0n0wall] How to subnet OPT1 and still offer DHCP for each subnet?
 Date:  Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:00:44 -0700
After I posted this message to the group I thought of increasing the
subnet size to give each office more address.  I think I will do that.

I'm unclear on your suggestion about not having the linksys do DHCP.
I don't really want the offices networks to be NAT behind a NAT.  So I
will do the NAT, and run it to the LAN of the offices.  I will then
turn DHCP on the LAN of the Linksys and it can assign the IP addresses
for the subnet I assign them.  I would love to have my m0n0 handle the
whole thing, but I dont see how m0n0 can assign DHCP to multiple
subnets.  If someone knows how to have m0n0 to handle DHCP for
multiple subnets I would love to hear your suggestion.

Thank you.

Joe