[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bart Smit <bit at signature dot nl>
 To:  Radoslaw Krupa <aeon at tech dot us dot edu dot pl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WINS in dhcp config
 Date:  Thu, 9 Oct 2003 11:45:07 +0200 (CEST)
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Radoslaw Krupa wrote:

> I would like to put wins server address in dhcp server config on m0n0wall.
> Any ideas how can I do this?

No, but maybe it's an idea to make this a bit more generic. I also would
like dhcp to hand out host names (taken from dns) to clients and tell
clients what ntp server to use (and maybe even more in the future).

I realise that the biggest problem is not the functionality, but the UI to
make that functionality accessible, or avoid conflics when you allow
access "from the back".

Can't we identify whole configuration sections (such as dhcp) for which to
make some sort of master config switch that chooses between "do config
through UI (using xml config)" and "take config from (native) file" ?

--B