[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  John Tran <jtran at pcwerk dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VPN ~ PPTP
 Date:  Thu, 09 Oct 2003 11:26:32 -0700
Hello Gurus:

I must be doing something really silly.  Maybe someone can give me a
hand.  I want to make vpn connection to m0n0wall server from my laptop
(on the road at a remote site) which is behind another firewall and has
a 192.168.0.x ip (and occasionally have real ip).

The m0n0wall server is configured as pptp server, with the lan IP, and the PPTP settting is pretty much what's on the
screenshot (Server Address) and (starting
remote address range) -- everything else is pretty much default.

I am able to create a new connection using windows 2k network connection
vpn setup etc. and I can authenticate and loggin with no problem, in
fact, when I run ipconfig I see that my laptop is assigned with the IP (the other being DHCP assigned by the dhcp
server/router on the network I am on), which presumably says that the
VPN connection is working.

This however is where things stop working, I cannot ping any 192.168.1.x
addresses (including I can ping which is both
the VPN assigned gateway and the IP address.

Any thoughts?