[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Thomas Hertz <thomas at hz dot se>
 To:  Mohammad Hasieb Ali <alimohammad at comcast dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] help integrating m0n0wall into my network
 Date:  Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:26:15 +0200
Actually, the MDIX (uplink) port on your switch is nothing but a regular
port where the TX and RX pins have been switched. So putting a straight
cable in the uplink port is the same thing as putting a crossover cable
into one of the "regular" ports on the switch. This is how to connect
your gear, only using regular straight patch cables:

<cable modem>-<nic1 on monowall>-<uplink port on switch | regular
ports>-<computer>

It's nothing magic, really. =)

--
Thomas Hertz