[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Thomas Hertz <thomas at hz dot se>
 To:  Mohammad Hasieb Ali <alimohammad at comcast dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] help integrating m0n0wall into my network
 Date:  Sun, 12 Oct 2003 22:28:57 +0200
Actually it doesnt make any difference if the cabling is connected at
all for FreeBSD to detect the NICs. So, if the second NIC isn't listed
it's probably because it's not supported in the kernel. I really can't
tell more without seeing the actual dmesg output.

The uplink port on your switch is btw not supposed to be in MDIX mode
when it is connected directly to a NIC (such as NIC2 on the monowall).

rlphy0 is the physical interface adapter for your rl0 NIC, and is not a
NIC in itself.

--
Thomas Hertz