[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "cfs2" <cii633 at 21cn dot com>
 To:  "Thomas Hertz" <thomas at hz dot se>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] about Splash Screens
 Date:  Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:45:44 +0800
hello,

thank you very much.
Can you tell me how you display a nice logo upon boot?
I modify some files ,but I can't display splash.
1,add pseudo-device splash in my kernel
2,the /boot/loader.conf :

kernfs_load="NO"
splash_bmp_load="YES"
bitmap_load="YES"
bitmap_name="/boot/splash.bmp"

3,the /boot/loader.rc:

load /kernel
load -t mfs_root /mfsroot
autoboot 0
include /boot/loader.4th
start

4,copy splash_bmp.ko to /modules/splash_bmp.ko

where is wrong?
thanks!

> You also need to copy the module splash_bmp.ko to the /modules
> directory. Then it will work as expected. (I just got my m0n0wall to
> display a nice logo upon boot)
>
> --
> Thomas Hertz
>
> cfs2 wrote:
>
> >To whom it may concern
> >
> >I wish have a Splash Screens in my m0n0wall.
> >I add pseudo-device splash in my kernel.
> >in my m0n0wall,
> >the /boot/loader.conf :
> >
> >kernfs_load="NO"
> >splash_bmp_load="YES"
> >bitmap_load="YES"
> >bitmap_name="/boot/splash.bmp"
> >
> >the /boot/loader.rc:
> >
> >load /kernel
> >load -t mfs_root /mfsroot
> >autoboot 0
> >include /boot/loader.4th
> >start
> >
> >but it is nothing when the m0n0wall start.
> >Please inform me of the way to modify m0n0wall in order to have a Splash
Screens when it is started.