[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ping Kwong" <kwongp at midtown dot net>
 To:  "'Manuel Kasper'" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] VPN ~ PPTP
 Date:  Thu, 9 Oct 2003 16:58:48 -0700
I wrote a while back ago about the problem I was having using a dial-up
connection to my cable modem connection via PPTP.  I can ping the client
machines just fine but the problem is I get dropped packets.  Any
insight as to what is causing this?  I have yet to try another broadband
connection to the VPN.

> This however is where things stop working, I cannot ping any
192.168.1.x
> addresses (including 192.168.1.1) I can ping 192.168.1.80 which is
both
> the VPN assigned gateway and the IP address.
>
> Any thoughts?

Yes. Did you read the little red note on the bottom of the PPTP server
setup page that says "don't forget to add a firewall rule to permit
traffic from PPTP clients!"? Something like interface: PPTP, protocol:
any, source: PPTP clients, destination: any should fit the bill.

HTH,

Manuel