[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  "neto at rexlab dot ufsc dot br" <neto at rexlab dot ufsc dot br>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ADSL AND FRAME RELAY CARDS SUPPORT
 Date:  Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:08:04 -0700
At 11:46 AM 10/14/2003 -0300, neto at rexlab dot ufsc dot br wrote:
>I was wondering if someone has used one ADSL PCI modem in the Soekris net
>501 board? We read about the need for a 3.3 volts and 2 watt max card to
>use with Soekris net4501. What SO is used with this cards?

That power limit is if you use the Soekris case and wall-mount power
supply.  The board has a 6 pin MTA100 header for DC power.  You can put
your own 5 VDC power supply on the center two pins and provide pretty
nearly as much current as you want.  The 3.3 volt pins on the PCI connector
will still be power limited to  three watts, and there will be no 12 volts
delivered.  But if you are putting your own power supply in the case, you
can probably power the PCI card with it directly if those limitations are
too much.

Kids, we're trained professionals.  Don't try this at home.

          -crl
   Eldorado
Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
      5353 North 16th Street, Suite