[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Cooper" <david underscore cooper at elwyn dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Static Nat - Any Issues?
 Date:  Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:10:58 -0400
Hello everyone,

I am having a problem with a 1:1 (or static) NAT translation. I am binding:
207.xxx.xxx.90  10.1.20.24

I also create a rule:
ICMP  *  *  10.1.20.24  *

When I ping 207.xxx.xxx.90 from the internet it comes back with a "Reply
from 10.1.20.24". I'm pretty sure this is not static NAT behavior.

So I decide to play a little bit.

I create another 1:1 binding:
10.1.20.24  207.xxx.xxx.90

And the ping works properly.

So then I create a rule:
TCP  *  *  10.1.20.24  80 (HTTP)

I test this by going to the address. It does not work.

I remove my second binding. It still does not work.

For the record I am using build - pb17r515 (generic-pc-cdrom) and have it
running on an average system. The *only* other setting configured on this
firewall is the wan ip (which is in the same subnet as the external
address).

Does anyone know what I might have misconfigured? As far as I can guess I
did everything right.

Dave