[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ben Lutgens <blutgens at us dash admins dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  pfkey UPDATE failed: Cannot allocate memory
 Date:  16 Oct 2003 10:58:14 -0500
system: net4511
crypto card: Hifn 7951 (soekris)
m0n0 version: pb18r522 and pb16r500

Hi, I have 2 of the above boxes experiencing the same problem. Each has
6 IPSec tunnels using 3des, no PFS, MD5 Hash, and DH group 5, phase 1
lifetime 7800 seconds, phase 2 lifetime 3600 seconds. I installed the
crypto cards yesterday, and today i am seeing:

Oct 15 22:00:25 m0n0wall racoon: ERROR: pfkey.c:210:pfkey_handler():
pfkey UPDATE failed: Cannot allocate memory
Oct 15 22:00:25 m0n0wall racoon: ERROR: pfkey.c:210:pfkey_handler():
pfkey ADD failed: Cannot allocate memory

And the IPSec tunnels don't work (obviously). Could the crypto accel
card driver be causing this? I had to reboot the machines to get the
tunnels to work again! Any ideas how I can solve this problem? Is there
a way to turn on swap?