[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adrian Wiesmann <awiesmann at swordlord dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0 - Soekris - ADSL
 Date:  Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:36:56 +0200
Hi

I have no idea if this was posted before, but I did neither find it in the
mail archive nor via web search engines, so perhaps this was not handled
before:

I would like to have some scenario like this:

ADSL ISP <-> [ADSL PCI | Soekris 4501 | DMZ/LAN] <-> home computers

So I could have just some Soekris Box instead of some ADSL modem or router
in bridge mode "before" the m0n0wall. Having the Soekris box acting as
ADSL router and firewall all on itselfs...

Has anyone of you any idea if a) the soekris allows this (power supply,
hardware etc) and b) m0n0wall is allowing configuration of this (or how
much time it would cost me to code the corresponding code needed)?

Or has this done anybody else before?

Regards,
Adrian