[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Funky netowrk routing question... Is this possible with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:53:07 -0700
I've got a network that I don't control all of...

My remote sites are connected through a network which prevents them from
communicating directly.

Currently, using my providers router, and having my hosts on separate
subnets, I can connect them:

Host A / Subnet A ---------\
                            \
				Big mess I don't control------>Router
                            /
Host B / Subnet B ---------/

All traffic from host A and host B must go to the router.

I now want to have my own router... if the router has an alias on subnet A,
and an alias on subnet B, can the clients at host A see host B?

Can I make by subnet a /32 to prevent waiting all those extra IP's?

I'll state this again - not to beat anyone over the head with it, but there
is NO way for host A to simply contact host B through the network... has to
do with ATM allocation and so on...

Can anyone help me or refer me to where I should be reading?

Thanks in advance.

m/