[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  kashif yaqoob <mkyaqoob2002 at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  help m0n0 wall rules
 Date:  Thu, 19 Aug 2004 01:47:27 -0700 (PDT)
Dear sir,

I have setup m0n0 Wall and to access the internet I
have the following rule.

LAN interface

Proto    Source    Port      Destination    Port
TCP/UDP  LAN net    *          *             *

This rule (above) works and allows me access to the
internet.

Now I want to make the LAN secure and only allow DNS,
HTTP and POP access from the LAN to the WAN. So I
delete the above rule and add the following rules.

Proto    Source    Port       Destination    Port

TCP/UDP  LAN net  53 (DNS)      *           53 (DNS)
TCP      LAN net  80 (HTTP)     *            80 (HTTP)
TCP      LAN net  110 (POP3)    *            110
(POP3)

If I only have these 3 rules then I cannot access the
internet (no Http access, no DNS, no POP access).

What is the mistake I am making? Can someone give me a
set of rules for simple access to the internet for a
small office please?

Best Regards,
Kashif

http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush