[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  kashif yaqoob <monofw at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  monoWall rules didnot access internet
 Date:  Thu, 19 Aug 2004 02:02:46 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Sir,

I have setup m0n0 and to access the internet I have the following rule

LAN interface
-------------------

Proto        Source     Port       Destination           Port
TCP/UDP  LAN net     *                *                       *

This rule (above) works and allows me access to the internet.

Now I want to make the LAN secure and only allow DNS, HTTP and POP access
from the LAN to the WAN. So I delete the above rule and add the following
rules.and define the specifice port given below

Proto            Source          Port                  Destination                    Port
TCP/UDP     LAN net       53 (DNS)                   *                          53 (DNS)
TCP             LAN net      80 (HTTP)                  *                          80 (HTTP)
TCP             LAN net      110 (POP3)                *                         110 (POP3)

If I only have these 3 rules then I cannot access the internet (no Http
access, no DNS, no POP access).

What is the mistake I am making? Can someone give me a set of rules for
simple access to the internet for a small office please?

Best Regard,
Abdul  Aziz