[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "'kashif yaqoob'" <mkyaqoob2002 at yahoo dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] help m0n0 wall rules
 Date:  Thu, 19 Aug 2004 08:42:18 -0400
Remove the source ports. Your rules should be more like:

Proto    Source    Port       Destination    Port

TCP/UDP  LAN net   *      	*              53  (DNS)
TCP      LAN net   *     	*              80  (HTTP)
TCP      LAN net   *		*              110 (POP3)

From the client end of the connection (source) the port will be random, the
server (destination) is listening on a set port. You may also want to add
port 443 for https to work.

James W. McKeand