[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  MyLists at fantasymail dot de
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  A strange Problem ( Bridgeing needed? )
 Date:  Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:01:10 +0200 (MEST)
Hi there!

I used monowall first time yesterday and imho
its very good (thanks @Developer(s) ). My problem
is that i tryed to enable bridgeing on LAN/WAN
Interfaces but i didnt found a way in GUI to config
that. Has it technical reasons or why is that not
possible? I want to config the following ...

monowall lan interface is connected with an internal
switch (lan side) and the wan interface is connected
with the internet router (static).

Now i want to set up that traffic get through over
lan/wan interfaces (monowall should watch normal AND
brigded traffic).

Is there any way to get that working?
Currently i can only ping from my computer the monowall
IP on the lan Interface. If i try to ping the wan interface
IP it dont work. The strange thing that confuse me is - when
i try to ping the wan IP from the internet (i used a external
located server) then it works.

Anyone here know a solution for it?

Thnaks!
Stefan