[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Melvin Backus <melvin at sleepydragon dot net>
 To:  MyLists at fantasymail dot de
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] A strange Problem ( Bridgeing needed? )
 Date:  Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:56:59 -0400
MyLists at fantasymail dot de wrote:

>Hi there!
>I used monowall first time yesterday and imho
>its very good (thanks @Developer(s) ). My problem
>is that i tryed to enable bridgeing on LAN/WAN
>Interfaces but i didnt found a way in GUI to config
>that. Has it technical reasons or why is that not
>possible? I want to config the following ...
>monowall lan interface is connected with an internal
>switch (lan side) and the wan interface is connected
>with the internet router (static).
>Now i want to set up that traffic get through over
>lan/wan interfaces (monowall should watch normal AND
>brigded traffic).
>Is there any way to get that working?
>Currently i can only ping from my computer the monowall
>IP on the lan Interface. If i try to ping the wan interface
>IP it dont work. The strange thing that confuse me is - when
>i try to ping the wan IP from the internet (i used a external
>located server) then it works.
>Anyone here know a solution for it?
I believe that m0n0 will only do bridging if there are 3 or more
interfaces.  If memory serves you can do what you're trying to do, but
you'll need to add a 3rd NIC, even though you don't use it.

Melvin Backus
Principal Wizard
Sleepy Dragon Enterprises
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for
you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup!