[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0N0Wall Syslog Client
 Date:  Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:36:46 +0200
Am Do, den 19.08.2004 schrieb Pat Ellison um 16:11:
> I'm looking to write a killer .Net Syslog exclusive for M0N0Wall with
> formatted output
> for a realtime display. Maybe export to SQL, Alerts... etc all the goodies.
> I already have many IP projects that run 24/7 without fail on my Socket
> class so the
> Comm is already written and surly tested so writting this app will be almost
> trivial.

Really nice idea. But don't reinvent the wheel! Take a look at fwlogview
[1]. It's a log viewer like the one Check Point contributes with FW-1.
GUI is written in JAVA, the parser in perl and the database is just
sqlite. It's client/server based and mostly platform independent. I
wrote a little parser for ipfilter. Maybe you can correct and
enhance the code.

Ciao ...

[1] http://www.nothrix.org/computing/fwlogview/index.php

 copyleft(c) by |   _-_     Win95 is not a virus; a virus does something.
 Peter Allgeyer | 0(o_o)0   -- unknown source