[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Mounting m0n0wall img as a filesystem?
 Date:  Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:06:29 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Michael Stearne wrote:
> On Aug 18, 2004, at 1:22 AM, Mitch (WebCob) wrote:
>
> > OS X is a BSD variant I think - right?
> >
> > I think you need to look at man vnconfig.
> >

> OS X uses hdid though.
>
> I'm not that smart.  To mount the iso image you just have to
> double-click on the file.  I guess that's why I'm using OS X. :-)

Yes, OS X should have no problem mounting ISOs.  It can't mount the CF
images, though.  I think this is because it doesn't recognize the BSD
partitioning mechanism.

It also can't mount the mfsroot, which is probably due to not recognizing
unpartitioned images, though it might be due to some subtle
incompatibility between Apple's UFS and FreeBSD's FFS.

					Fred Wright