[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Stefan <MyLists at fantasymail dot de>
 To:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] A strange Problem ( Bridgeing needed? )
 Date:  Fri, 20 Aug 2004 01:37:21 +0200
Well thanks to everyone to help and talk about it
with my to solve that open questions. The point is
that i cant see a reason why i should use 2 Ports on
the inertnal switch (imho its a waste). One from LAN
Interface and one from OPTx Nic to the same switch.
I need a way to allow traffic between WAN (connected
physical to our router) and one of the Interfaces that is
connected to our internal Switch. AFAIK i only can use
brigde for the 2 Interfaces. I am wrong with that?

Looks like i am forced to waste 2 ports on our swtich
to use bridgeing. Very stupid  :-(

Maybe anyone here know a other solution? With routing
settings or anything else to allow that LAN/WAN interfaces
accept traffic between the interfaces?