[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] A strange Problem ( Bridgeing needed? )
 Date:  Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:16:36 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Stefan wrote:

> Looks like i am forced to waste 2 ports on our swtich
> to use bridgeing. Very stupid  :-(

Well, switches are cheap, especially 100Mb switches. :-) For that matter,
with typical WAN speeds you could use a 10Mb hub without a noticeable
penalty.

> Maybe anyone here know a other solution? With routing
> settings or anything else to allow that LAN/WAN interfaces
> accept traffic between the interfaces?

You don't say enough about what you're trying to do to make it clear
whether you really need bridging.  I'd certainly prefer routing to
bridging if it serves the purpose.

					Fred Wright