[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh A" <mono at coaxial dot ca>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] routing outbound traffic via a Server NAT ip ?
 Date:  Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:35:07 -0600

> Your ISP provides you with a mixture of static and dynamic IPs???

Yeah! I've got a "business account" with a cable ISP, it's 5megabit down
1mb up, includes 5 dynamic ips, for $75 / month.

For another *$20 a month* you can change 2 of those IPs to static ips, but
the maximum statics you can have is 2, and a maximum total ips of 5. Bah :(

> Try making an outbound rule with the "target" set to the IP address you
> want to use.

I'll check that out, but the 1:1 NAT is doing exactly what I need :)

> 					Fred Wright

Thanks!
Josh