[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Several dynamic IPs on WAN?
 Date:  Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:36:58 +0200
Am Fr, den 20.08.2004 schrieb Thomas Hertz um 8:34:
> I'm in the process of changing my ISP from DSL with one static IP to 100mbps
> Ethernet with five dynamic, DHCP assigned, addresses. I'm not quite sure how
> this would work, but does anyone know of a way to assign more than one IP to
> the same physical interface? It would be neat to use 1:1 NAT.

Yes, you have to use proxy arp. Search this list for or for really
understanding take a look at
http://www.thinkingsecure.com/docs/TCPIP-Illustrated-1/arp_addr.htm#4_6

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |   _-_     AUTHOR FvwmAuto just appeared one day, nobody
 Peter Allgeyer | 0(o_o)0   knows how.  -- FvwmAuto(1x)