[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Several dynamic IPs on WAN?
 Date:  Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:17:40 +0200
Am Fr, den 20.08.2004 schrieb Thomas Hertz um 11:38:

> That would be a breeze if my addresses were static, but I've yet to find a
> dhcp client that supports several _dynamic_ addresses! It should even be
> possible using a client identifier instead of the interface MAC (if the dhcp
> server supports it, that I do not know).

Ok. Problem is, that for 1:1 NAT you should know about the IP address of
your WAN interface excactly. If (and this is normaly true) the dhcp
server assigns everytime the same IP address to your external interface,
then just make a proxy arp entry for the other 4 IP addresses:

arp -s <mac_of_wan_interface> <ip1> pub
arp -s <mac_of_wan_interface> <ip2> pub
arp -s <mac_of_wan_interface> <ip3> pub
arp -s <mac_of_wan_interface> <ip4> pub

(ok, in m0n0wall you have to define this a little different)
Next assign your 1:1 NAT rules for your internal (or DMZ) machines.

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |           if (instr(buf,sys_errlist errno )) /* you
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     don't see this */  -- Larry Wall in eval.c