[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tom Obermayr <to at bla dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall on VMWare 4.5.2
 Date:  Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:54:32 +0200
Has anyone successfully gotten m0n0wall to run with the current VMWare
4.5.2 version using WinXP as guest OS? I've tried both the 1.0 and current
1.1beta cdrom images, and while all seems to go fine, no network interface
can ever be accessed -- not network data eaver leaves or reaches m0n0wall.

When trying to autoconfigure, m0n0wall never detects a link on the NICs, so
I guess it hase something to do with the lcn drivers for the emulated AMD
PCNet nics.

googling around I found some threads regarding freebsd nic problems with
this vmware build, as well as some possible solutions for use with vmware,
however nothing that could be directly applied to a m0n0wall image.

So if anyone has any hints on how to get it working, I'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks, tom.