[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rob Diehl <diehlr at bellsouth dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [mpd] m0n0wall pppoe connection
 Date:  Sat, 21 Aug 2004 02:05:10 -0400
I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, but for certain things does
it really matter what the standards dictate? We all know that standards
are broken all the time. The problem is, in real world scenarios the
more robust solution may not be the one that adheres to standards.
Proper engineering has to take into account unexpected behavior. It's
one thing to produce software that cooperates with other well behaving
software, but that's only half of the story. I think the authors of mpd
should consider this.