[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Joe Nardone" <joe dot nardone at mindspring dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  usb write problems -- workarounds?
 Date:  Sat, 21 Aug 2004 13:39:55 -0400
I'm attempting to use a USB Key (DiskOnKey 64 MB) to run Monowall, and can
do everything except *write* to the disk.  Which makes it difficult to
configure. :)

The machine boots, identifies the key and my network cards, and takes me to
the console config.

From this point onward, any attempt to write to the key gives a

     (da0:umass-sim0:0:0): Synchronize cache failed, status == 0x10, scsi
status == 0x0

(sometimes twice)

Eventually, things time out and I get the

     Warning: fopen(/conf/config.xml): failed to open stream: No such file
or directory in /etc/inc/xmlparse.inc on line 126
     Error: could not open XML input

Then dumped back to the menu.  At this point forward, the key is basically
unusable (m0n0wall can't even stat files on the filesystem) and I don't get
any more errors, but am more-or-less forced to power-cycle the box.

At the moment this is connected to a pretty basic Gigabyte 7VKMLS Socket-A
board, which uses the VIA KM266/8233 chipset.  I've also tried another board
(Matsonic MS-8157e), same results (but same chipset)

Any suggestions?  Or am I just stuck?

Joe