[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Matt Jacobs <soma1992 at optonline dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Award Software, Inc. BIOS cannot see partitions?
 Date:  Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:30:54 -0400
Hello everyone!

I'm having trouble getting my pentium 2 setup to boot from a CF disk.  It's
set up using a CF to IDE converter so it should look like a hard drive.  I
know that it works because I've tested it on another box.  When I try to
start the computer I get a message saying that it can't find any active
partitions on HDD then asks me to put in a boot disk (even though I've
turned off the floppy drive in the BIOS) and press a key.  Does anyone know
what might be causing this problem?  I've been playing with BIOS settings
for a while and always seem to get the same message.  Is it possible that it
just wont work on this motherboard?

Thanks everyone!