[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thomas Hertz" <term at cynisk dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] where is the load status?
 Date:  Sun, 22 Aug 2004 06:42:35 +0200
> On 19.8.2004 11:15 , Manuel Kasper wrote:
> >>in the last beta 1.1b17 I can't find a system load status.. ?
> > It's gone because the load averages aren't a good performance
> > indicator for m0n0wall.
> >
> > - Manuel
>
> but now, there's nothing to indicate performance.. it's not much better..
>
> MeX

I would agree with Manuel here. The load average on this type of firewall
machine has very little meaning. I would recommend reading
http://www.teamquest.com/resources/gunther/ldavg1.shtml for further
understanding how the load average is used to measure the number of
processes in the run queue.

// Thomas Hertz