[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  sven buerger <frido dash ml at brotbuexe dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Update m0n0 1.0 to 1.1 via webinterface fails
 Date:  Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:14:26 +0200
On 22.08.2004 16:03 +0200, sven buerger wrote:

> On the screen:
>
> swap_pager_getswapspace: failed
>

> When i tried next time, no error occured m0n0 reboots and its just
> 1.0.  I downloaded the image several times and tried with iexplore
> and firefox.
>
> Is there any solution to update without use of physdiskwrite?

Yes. Add more memory. Or try killing some services before you start
the update. I've tried to make it handle the situation more
gracefully (i.e. by displaying an error message that says "Out of
memory") in 1.1, but all kinds of weird things can happen when a
FreeBSD system runs out of memory (since there's no swap space in
m0n0wall).

How much memory do you have in that machine anyway? If it's anything
below 64 MB, you're on your own (see
http://m0n0.ch/wall/hardware.php).

- Manuel