[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Guy Brand <gb at isis dot u dash strasbg dot fr>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] A strange Problem ( Bridgeing needed? )
 Date:  Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:30:23 +0200
On 20 August at 03:36, Stefan wrote:

> All what i want is to setup monowall to send traffic from one to the other
> interface. I am not 100 % sure whether its only possible with the use of
> bridgeing or not. If anyone know a other solution that works fine let me

  m0n0wall isn't designed to bridge with 2 interfaces only, but you
  can do it using <shellcmd> in your config.xml file. For example,
  if you have two Intel EtherExpressPro 100 cards, the following
  shellcommands set up the bridge:

     <shellcmd>/sbin/sysctl net.link.ether.bridge_cfg=fxp0,fxp1</shellcmd>
     <shellcmd>/sbin/sysctl net.link.ether.bridge_ipf=1</shellcmd>
     <shellcmd>/sbin/sysctl net.link.ether.bridge=1</shellcmd>

  The only problem I found was that filtering rules are not well
  suited for 2-NICs filtering, so you have to change them, and using
  shellcmd is of no help for that purpose as predefined rules
  overwrite those you might enter using <shellcmd> in config.xml. Thus
  you have to modify /etc/inc/filter.inc to add specific rules for
  your bridge.

  gb