[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Cook" <david at dave dash cook dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  TomsNetworking.com - Follow-up Article, WRAP & Captive Portal
 Date:  Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:01:44 +0100
Dear All,

I am in the process of planning a follow-up to the recent 'm0n0wall v1.0
and Soekris net4501' article on TomsNetworking.com. The second article
will cover the PC Engines WRAP and using the Captive Portal in m0n0wall
v1.1 to provide a Public Wireless Hotspot. It is scheduled to appear on
TomsNetworking.com around 20 September.

I am interested in people's real-world experiences of using the v1.1
beta Captive Portal. Whether you have been using it to provide free
community internet access (along the lines of http://socalfreenet.org,
http://www.nycwireless.net and http://www.arwain.net), in the
work-place, at home and everything in-between, I would be grateful to
hear from you.

Please post your experiences to the mailing list as a reply to this
message, or if you prefer you can contact me direct at
david at dave dash cook dot co dot uk.

Best wishes

David