[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at acm dot org>
 To:  Thomas Hertz <term at cynisk dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Several dynamic IPs on WAN?
 Date:  Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:54:08 -0700
On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 02:38, Thomas Hertz wrote:

> Now that I've had my breakfast coffee (and more), and can think more
> clearly, I think it would be better to just bridge the OPT1 interface with
> WAN and enable filtering bridge. Will this work with traffic shaping? It
> probably would.

I think a filtering bridge would probably work well for this situation
(i.e. let your ISP's DHCP server assign all of the addresses to your
m0n0wall WAN interface, as well as your hosts).  You have to remember to
allow the DHCP requests and replies through the bridge.

I've never tried traffic shaping and filtered bridging together
though...

Bruce.