[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Read Receipt (way off topic)
 Date:  Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:29:32 -0400
I know this is a silly thing to post to a mailing list and is so far off
topic that it will take centuries for the light of this topic to reach the
normal topic of this list.

I have read several emails from this list with read receipt requests. I do
not think the senders are really intending to receive all the replies that
they could be receiving. I think the senders are new to posting to lists and
are not overriding their mail programs default settings. I realize I can
have my mail program ignore read receipt, but there are some cases when my
clients want to know when/if I read an email they sent me.

Maybe adding "no read receipts" to the "No attachments and no HTML mail
please." line on http://m0n0.ch/wall/mailinglist.php?

Just my 2 cents - and my Monday morning rant...
James W. McKeand