[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex M" <pantheous at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0 behind a Linksys BEFSR41
 Date:  Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:17:42 +0000
Hi,

I've just setup m0n0wall on an old P233 with two datacom nics. It runs fine.

I have an ntl connection with a cable modem in an stb. This feeds into the
wan port on a linksys router. My m0n0wall pc is patched to the router, and
then cross wired from m0n0 is my main windows pc. It is an odd setup I
admit, from what I gather m0n0 would usually be receiving the connection
first, then feeding to a switch for a hub network like mine. I am off to
university next month which is why I built m0n0, as to plug into my rooms
uni network port, and to protect my pc.

m0n0 currently says both connections are up and my pc can login to the wall
via the network ip i assigned to m0n0. m0n0 to pc is assigned as LAN, router
to m0n0 as WAN.

Can anyone give me any guidence in how to setup the firewall so it will work
behind the router, and ultimately on the university network.

Thanks

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger