[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Patrik" <paake at telia dot com>
 To:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless network problems
 Date:  Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:28:59 +0200
I wrote this in the first mail:

Hello!

As I'm still having problems with my WLAN I thought an own thread about this
would be better. Running m0n0wall 1.1b17 on a WRAP with Senao EL-2511MP+
network card in it. More info here
(http://www.solwise.co.uk/wireless-mini-pci.htm). It's a Prism 2.5 based
card. I have done a factory reset on m0n0wall. Added a new interface wi0 as
OPT1 or WLAN as I have renamed it. Have set SSID and hostap mode and also
tried bridge it to LAN and having it bridged with none and set IP. My laptop
is a Dell X300 with TrueMobile 1300 card in it. The laptop does recognize
the WLAN and gives every information available on it but just dont connect
to it. A popup appears saying a new network is found and asks if I want to
connect to it. If I do so the popup disapears and after a few seconds it
appears again. I have tried changing channel on both m0n0wall and the laptop
network card. Under interfaces in m0n0wall I see lots of collisions. I few
packets have left the AP but none as come in.
I also have another AP besides this and I have tried both having this AP
active or turned off. Collisions are detected in both cases.

I have attached a file "dump.txt" with info fetched with exec.php that might
be useful.
Help would really be appreciated and I might even donate a smaller amount of
money to anyone who help me solve this.

Best Regards,
Patrik