[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "sietze" <m0n0wall at sistemaseuropeos dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Shall we send em to hell?
 Date:  Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:01:49 +0200
Sascha wrote:

 > And if you're reading the list you see that there are many ppl with real
 > beginner questions. Shall we send em to hell?

Some do send them to hell indeed. The other day someone answered one of the
newby posts with "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes" and "yes". Luckily someone else
realized that such an answer is not much use and provided a more complete
reply.

In general, one of the reasons why there are so many "beginner questions"
questions on this list is the very concise doccumentation that comes with
m0n0. Some pages are just blank. And on others vital information is missing.
The list archive is not to easy to query.

An example: Yesterday Fred Wright explained one of the FreeBSD/VPN kludges
to someone. Two weeks Fred posted the very same explanation after a question
from me. Most probably he has done so before. This information should be in
the manual. That would reduce the number of questions posted.