[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Miikka Hattberg <miikka at miikkah dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall and Cisco Aironet 1200 radius
 Date:  Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:30:56 +0300
Evening all.

First a big thanks to Manuel  for this excellent piece of code.

Now, let me try to explain my troubles.
I got 2 Cisco Aironet 1200 Access Points connected through a hub to a
m0n0wall box (1.1b17, cdrom version).
I'm using the captive portal feature with radius authentication (Aironet
1200's have a built in radius server ).
(I only edited the default page from the captive portal and added the
sample form for user/pass, nothing fancy).
Now when I specify username and password to the radius server, i must
use same string as username _and_  password  for it to work.
Otherwise the captive portal tells me either the username and/or
password was incorrect and the radius log says password incorrect.
This is a minor nuisance, but I was wondering if someone else is using
the same setup as I am. This can also be an issue in the Cisco AP,
but i found nothing on their website. Sorry about the netiquette, I
almost never write to mailing lists ;)

M.