[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Marc Vasquez <marc dot vasquez at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN Help with m0n0.
 Date:  Mon, 23 Aug 2004 16:30:01 -0400
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:49:13 -0400, Marc Vasquez <marc dot vasquez at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just started using m0n0wall (via CDROM + Floppy boot) on an old
> 300mhz system with 2 network cards.  Everything is configured so that
> the computer has a WAN and LAN.  Both cards are working and are
> compatible with FreeBSD.  However, I am having trouble trying to setup
> VPN.  I need help getting it to work with my current setup.  I have a
> linksys home wireless router, and a DSL connection.  I have a static
> address and I am trying to use m0no with this setup.  I have read the
> documentation and I am having trouble figuring out how to do this.  I
> just want to be able to VPN from work or school and have full access
> to my network.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Marc Vasquez
> Marc dot Vasquez at gmail dot com
> http://www.marcvasquez.com

Is the Linksys router acting as your firewall/NAT box?  I'd yank that
and put the m0n0wall in its place, assigning the public IP to the WAN
of the m0n0wall.  You can use the Linksys as AP only.  Get the
m0n0wall working as your default gateway/firewall/internet router, and
then follow the documentation on setting up a PPTP VPN server.

-Chris