[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Daniele Guazzoni" <daniele dot guazzoni at gcomm dot ch>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] mOnOwall on a Via Epia board
 Date:  Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:59:51 +0200
I run my m0n0wall on a EPIA ME6000 (Eden CPU) with a Compaq dual
fast-ethernet card (Intel chipset) and a CF-IDE adapter.
You could also use:
- EPIA-MII6000E (Eden CPU 600MHz, integrated CF slot, 1 x 100baseTX)
- Any CL series (Nehemia CPU 1GHz or Eden 600MHz , 2 x 100baseTX)
- Any PD series (Nehemia CPU 1GHz or Eden CPU 600MHz, 2 x 100baseTX)
- EPIA-MII12000 (C3-2 CPU 1.2GHz, integrated CF slot, 1 x 100baseTX)

The advantage compared to Soekris or PCengines is the CPU power but honestly
my 600MHz Eden processor is already an overkill for m0n0wall.
So if you plan to use your m0n0wall for a 256k DSL link, you better go for a
cheaper and slower solution.
If instead you want to connect a 2Mbps link with 25 VPN terminations get the
additional power of a C3 processor.

Daniele