[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Olive <chris at technologEase dot com>
 To:  patrick coeman <patrick at coeman dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] mOnOwall on a Via Epia board
 Date:  Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:49:58 -0400
patrick coeman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does someone tested Monowall with a Via Epia mATX MB? Does it works
> without any problem? What multiNIC pci board don't workes fine with
> Monowall? I think on this system because my old Firewall (3com
> SuperStack3) is on his end of live (3com stopped the support some time
> ago).
>
> Patrick

In addition to the other replies, I see no reason why you couldn't run
on something like a VIA EPIA 5000 533mhz board with a brand-name PCI
network card (sometimes on a riser).  The 5000 (as well as other mITX
boards) has an integrated 10/100 NIC.  The addition of the other card
gives you a working m0n0wall...?  And the 533mhz CPU is still zooming
for MW.

-chris