[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ICMP ON SERVER NAT
 Date:  Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:58:34 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Lucas E. Campa wrote:

> I'm running m0n0 1.1b17, in the PC Flavour.
> I have a /28 on wan interface and i need to monitor with ICMP, a few servers
> on the LAN side. So, I made a Static NAT (server nat) to those pcs.
> But on "Inbound" rules, I can only select "tcp, udp, tcp/udp" protocols.
>
> How can I make to ping my servers from outside??

You can't, unless you're redirecting an entire IP address to a particular
server.  ICMP has no "destination port" that you could use to indicate
where the packet should be directed.

Why not make test connections to the actual services involved?  You don't
need to transfer actual data - just connect and disconnect.

					Fred Wright