[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Roy Walker" <rwalker at miracomnetwork dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] 1.2 Wireless support
 Date:  Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:29:29 -0700
> With FreeBSD 5.X approaching a stable release and everyone dying for the
> latest wireless support (usb 802.11g, myself) wouldn't it be a good idea
> to start looking at moving to FreeBSD 5.2.  Or do you think that it is
> not stable enough?  I don't see another way of getting the hardware
> support otherwise.
>
> Roy

I think the idea has some merit - not sure what Manuel's thought are?

I understand not moving to production before it's stable - at least in
theory - but on the other hand, I don't know how much work will have to be
done to accomplish the move... If that plan could be published, there is
probably a lot of support to help with the rework as needed - at the same
time it might be nice to document the transition from monobsd to monowall -
to help early adopter types know where to start when they want to push the
envelope with 6.x ;-)

m/