[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Daniele Guazzoni" <daniele dot guazzoni at gcomm dot ch>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] mOnOwall on a Via Epia board
 Date:  Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:58:36 +0200
Don't forget that beside the mainboard you will need a case, a power supply and additional NICs.
The total amount you will have to pay is a lot more than for an embedded system.

The reason why I use an EPIA ?
I bought first an ME6000 to be used as Linux MP3 box connected to my sound-system.
Now I have an M10000 with TV card and MythTV running on Fedora Core1.
So what to do with the "old" EPIA ?

If I would have to choose a platform right now I guess I would take WRAP from pcengines.

It's a waste to use EPIA as a firewall and therefore leave the TV-Out, the 5.1 digital out and the
MPEG-2 decoder unused.
Ok, ok, the day m0n0wall will have a sound module we could filter out all the mess from the radio
stations:
	deny: source any, port tekkno --> detination my hears

Daniele