[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mat Murdock <mmurdock underscore lists at kimballequipment dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Monowall, VOIP, VPN
 Date:  Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:54:57 -0600
We are looking to implement a Mitel VOIP soloution at my company.  I
have one of these: http://www.synertrontech.com/light.htm at each
location running ipcop, they all have 128mb flash cards and 128 mb ram
(yes overkill but wanted to leave options open).  They are running at
533 mhz, the one at our main office is running 1Ghz with twice the ram
and cf storage.

I need to proritize the VOIP traffic, ie traffic shaping and I need
ipsec vpn capabilities.  I know monowall has the options to do both of
these.  I haven't tried the traffic shaping, but I have tried the vpn
with monowall at my house connecting to ipcop at work.  My vpn
connection seemed to require a ping once a day to keep it up.  Is that a
ipcop monowall connectivity problem?  Has anyone had any experience with
implementing a VOIP solution other then a home voip system like vonage
that included monowall?  Any comments would be most helpful.

Mat Murdock