[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  david me <david19702004 at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Still same problem...
 Date:  Tue, 24 Aug 2004 01:05:25 -0700 (PDT)
Hi.
a few months ago I wrote here to request an help about
a strange problem...
I solved that time returning from 1.1.beta.5 to 1.0
release (feb04).
Sorry about this long post but I believe it is
necessary to explain better.

The situation is this :
- SOEKRIS 4501
- ADSL Zyxel 645M
- ADSL contract with my ISP over PPPoE and 1 Static IP
- M0n0 1.1 release

The configuration is this :

- I connect the 4501 through NET1 to the switch (LAN)
- I connect the ADSL modem to 4501 through NET2 (WAN)
- I assign LAN IP of 192.168.0.1 (192.168.0.x is the
internal LAN of all PC)
- I setup PPPoE as WAN and I key in the correct USERID
and PASSWORD (respecting Upper/Lowercase).
- I recheck DNS etc...
- I reboot just to be sure...

The problem is this :

In the interface webpage the WAN is down (always)
While the LAN interface is okay (I can access, etc.)
The Modem ADSL is okay (ADSL light okay)

But if I move back to M0n0 1.0 (feb04) in the same CF,
everything is okay and WAN interface get its Static IP
and all PC on the lan can surf internet through.

Then I tried to save my M0n0 1.0 configuration file
and to restore into the M0n0 1.1 but the problem
remain.
Of course USERID/PASSWORD to connect to my ADSL are
correct (they are working in M0n0 1.0).

I suppose the problem is the SOEKRIS then I tried a PC
with CDROM but with the same results.
CDRW with 1.0 works okay (ADSL up and running) but 1.1
same problem (WAN interface down and ADSL also down)

Finally I tried to change the modem with other 2 modem
(WESTEL B90 and AZTECH) with again same results (1.0
yes / 1.1 no)

Is there someone can explain me if M0n0 1.1 change
some authentification system from 1.0 ?

I really don't know how to solve this matter...

Thank you
David

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail