[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "'David Kitchens'" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Direct TV
 Date:  Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:21:58 -0400
Did you try Internet Connection Sharing or did you bridge the network
connections?

If you "share" the DTV connection the other interface would get the address
192.168.0.1 and will be come a simple DHCP server (MS calls it the DHCP
Address Allocator Service) that gives out its self as the gateway (I think
it also acts as a simple DNS forwarder). On the DLink:
1) turn off the DHCP - it is giving out its self as the gateway.
2) change the IP address - I bet it is trying to use .1

The above would be the Microsoft answer... As for an answer for m0n0...
1) the Soekris 4501 does not have a USB port, but the 4801 does...
2) I am not sure m0n0 can use the USB for a network connection - I think I
saw a post about someone using a USB to Ethernet adaptor, but I'm not sure.

James W. McKeand