[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "'David Kitchens'" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Direct TV
 Date:  Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:21:58 -0400
Did you try Internet Connection Sharing or did you bridge the network

If you "share" the DTV connection the other interface would get the address and will be come a simple DHCP server (MS calls it the DHCP
Address Allocator Service) that gives out its self as the gateway (I think
it also acts as a simple DNS forwarder). On the DLink:
1) turn off the DHCP - it is giving out its self as the gateway.
2) change the IP address - I bet it is trying to use .1

The above would be the Microsoft answer... As for an answer for m0n0...
1) the Soekris 4501 does not have a USB port, but the 4801 does...
2) I am not sure m0n0 can use the USB for a network connection - I think I
saw a post about someone using a USB to Ethernet adaptor, but I'm not sure.

James W. McKeand