[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Log question ("stray irq 7")
 Date:  Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:12:47 -0400
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:57:46 -0400, Melvin Backus
<melvin at sleepydragon dot net> wrote:
> Just ran into that same thing on a different box.  Seems to be when the
> network connection was pulled / replaced.  You might want to check for a
> flaky cable.

I was curious, so I had to try this.  I just pulled and replugged the
network cables on two different 4501's about a dozen times each and
neither gave me that log message.  It will come up periodically in the
course of normal operation though on both of them.

My bet is still a Soekris bug.

-Chris